Basement makeover ideas
Basement is one of the most significant part of the home that at times are overlooked by majority of us. Here are some amazing ideas that can turn your basement into a living place to spend some quality time.
- Before you turn your basement into a living space, make sure to deal with the issues of dampness and leaking at first.
- Installing a ventilation with the duck work or ceiling fan could be quite helpful. As even though you have a waterproofed basement, it may lead to dampness.
- Replace the paneling or if the paneling is in a good condition then make it attractive through painting and add texture to it.
- As the basement is usually low heighted with small windows. So you can add mirror tiles to increase the brightness of the basement and add full length curtains to increase its visual weight.
- Add a broadloom to increase coziness and coolness of the basement. You can use click flooring, linoleum and cork to add warmth. You can buy them in tiles or sheets and come up with some creative and unique designs.
- If you want to use your basement for storage as well then go for in built units. They look attractive and also give your desired utility.
- Replace some of the little things instead of buying the whole furniture e.g. seats cover, cushions, frames etc.
- Paint the ceiling of the basement with a dark color to add up height. Also dark colors recede longer.